Saturday, September 22, 2007

Free Pattern (Equinox)

My first ever free pattern! Yay! I feel odd calling it a pattern. It's a slightly modified lace pattern from the third Barbara Walker stuck in a box. I had to wet block this, steam blocking just wasn't working out. Since I don't cherish the thought of posing with wet mohair around my neck, it'll probably be a few days before there are pics of it being worn or draped over something. However, I wanted to put the pattern up for the equinox (not that anyone is likely to find it by then) so the picture is of it being blocked. In harsh light.

Equinox


Yarn: Alchemy Lone Star, 45% merino wool, 55% mohair, 145 yds/100g, Color: Equinox, 1 skein

note: I don't think that alchemy are making this yarn in their colorways anymore. Any yarn that's scarf-width when knit in this pattern should do just fine.

Needles: US 11 (8.0 mm)

Gauge: Not important.

Size: 7 inches x 60 inches when blocked



Pattern: CO 19 sts. Work 6 rows in garter stitch. Maintain 3 sts in garter stitch along each edge and work 7 repeats of Sunspot Chart. Work 6 rows in garter stitch. BO loosely. Weave in ends and block.

Stitch notes: k1, p1, k1: work 3 sts into the same stitch, double increase
Central dbl decrease: Slip 2 as if to k2tog, k1, pass slipped stitches over
inc 1: K1 into front of st, k1 into back of stitch



No comments: